Thursday, October 06, 2005

T-14 days and counting!

I will be in the air in exactly 2 weeks. Am I excited? You bet your ass I am! I've been playing poker online almost every day for almost 6 months. I've played about 20,000 hands of poker over that time. That doesn't make me good at poker, unfortunatly. However, it is enough to teach me a little more than the basics and I'm hoping that will be enough to break even in Vegas. There is the tell factor though. Maybe my friends can't see right through me, but I'm sure in Vegas I'll run into some players who will just smirk and really put me to the test. Going in with a limited budget makes dealing with these people very tricky. Ideally you would have the balls and the bankroll to come overtop of a guy who is bullying you. That might not be an available option this time around, so I have to be very careful to stay out of unfavorable situations.

The mis-adventures of Rob and Blake. There have been a few. ;) I look forward to reading Blakes memoires that I'm sure he'll write one day when he's old and gray and has been there and done that. In those memoires, I'm sure our trip to the Dominican Republic will get the proper treatment. Both Blake and I have retold this story many times to many different people and I'm sure, depending on the audience certain parts fo the tale have been accentuated over other parts. I like to thing of the retelling of the tale as having different ratings. There is the PG version that gets told in the company of youngsters (Jessica, Michael, neices and nefews), the R rated version that gets told to family and friends, and the XXX version that rarely gets retold, due to possible legal ramifications. ;) Really, this story is the biggest of the adventures that Blake and I have shared. There have been others, but none as memorable as the Journey to the Jungle, the Dominican trip.

I'll leave the big one for later though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home