Thursday, September 29, 2005

The next thing you should know about me is that I'm a list man. I like lists. Life is just so much easier when it's itemized. What's better than a list? A running dynamic list! So, each day I'm going to have a list of topics I'm going to touch on in this blog.

Bad Beat of the day
===================
I check the BB with AJo and a couple of limpers in the pot. Flop hits my J giving me top pair, top kicker, but there's a flush draw on board. I bet about 2/3rds of the pot. Everyone folds except one caller. Turn is a garbage looking card, so I bet again about 2/3rds of the pot. Again the guys calls. River is another heart that makes it 3 hearts on board. I check (I know I should have probably bet again). Other guy raises with a pot sized raise. Maybe he wasn't drawing at the flush? Why bet so big when you hit your flush and I've checked it? I would have bet for value. So do I look him up? Well, I had to see what this guy does, so I call his bet. He shows me the flush and I'm beat.

Great laydown!
==============
I have JT spades, I limp in with position on 2 other limpers. Flop comes TJx all clubs. So I hit top 2 pairs! First guy bets a pot sized bet. Second guy comes way overtop and bets about 2x the pot!! Yikes! I put the first guy on top pair, but the second guy? I figure he must have hit a set. If he made his flush, why not extract some chips and just call? Maybe he had top 2 pair as well? Doubtful. No matter what, the betting is telling me I could be beat. I fold. First guy goes all in, second guy calls. First guy had JT diamonds! Second guy flopped a low flush and takes it down. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home