Friday, September 30, 2005

Some poker thoughts for today...

I've been reading Harrington on Hold'em. It's a great book, very well written. It advocates a very tight style of tournament play. So I started playing a little tighter in my online sng's. I noticed I wasn't doing as well as I was before trying this strategy. Then it occured to me that I play mostly turbo sng's. So they move along much faster than your typical tournament. So you have to play a little looser and make moves quicker than normal. That is the style I'm used to playing, so when I tightened up, I struggled more than usual. So last night I started playing regular sng's and low and behold, the magic was revealed! ;) Well, that might be overstating somewhat, but I finished 1st in that sng and then on the bubble in one this morning. Overall, nothing remarkable, but I could see how the tightness of the style I was playing was directly effected by the speed of the tournament.

Pretty quiet night online last night. Other than the sng that I won, lost a few bucks in a ring game, overall, I'm on a very slow decline. So slow that you might as well say I'm breaking even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home