Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Grade 11 typing class. Yup, that's right, I took a typing class in high school. I was destined to be a programmer, so typing was pretty essential. Why do I bring this up? That is where I met Blake. He was sitting behind me and throwing paper balls at me one day. I remember thinking, who is this cockgobbler? After that first experience, I'm not really sure how we ended up becoming such good friends. Typically, you hate the guy who is teasing you in high school. I don't remember taking it personally though, so it could have been a pretty light hearted incedent that got us to talking and before we knew it we were both nearly passed out on the floor at some guys party! Blake wasn't my first drinking buddy, but he was my most eager! LOL My parents could tell you some stories about Blake. He pretty much became a family member over the years. He lived a bit further out of the way than I did, so after a late night of getting up to no good, he'd usually crash at my place and sleep it off. Now, typically I would make it to my bed and keep it pretty quiet what I was up to, Blake on the otherhand, he tended to have a bit more trouble covering his tracks. ;) At least once my parents found him passed out in our hallway. Another time, my father walked in on him cleaning up the puke off the floor where he slept. The funny thing is that they loved him more for it! LOL My parents were pretty liberal, but supportive. Obviously they didn't want us getting into trouble, but they also were in a way proud of us having a good time in our youth. We expected to be in boatloads of trouble for getting caught drinking, but in the end they would act strict, but then tell the stories to anyone who would listen! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home