Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Oooh what a rush!

Playing poker is a journey of peaks and vallys. The peaks really keep you going and the vallys, well, they make me want to quit. Luckily I haven't had a vally so bad that has actually caused me to quit for more than a couple days. ;)

I had a rough weekend at the tables and had my bank roll cut in half. I already whined about that. But guess what? I'm on a peak again! I've more than doubled my bankroll in the past two days. And it was defined by the winning of my last 2 sng tournaments.

In my game last night, I was short stacked early. Like as in 200 chips left! Pretty rough shape. But I was patient and I clawed my way back and eventually made it to the money, still with the smaller of the three stacks. But in one monster hand I tripled up and too the lead and never looked back.

This morning, one guy tripled up early and sat on a huge stack of chips for the entire game. I was sitting around 2nd/3rd for most of the game. Once we got to the money, after a few hands of one guy coming over top of me and me laying it down, I took a stand with K9c. I floped top 2 pair and played it to perfection. That got me back in the game. Next hand, AKo. Flopped the nut full house!! AAK! Made a couple chips off that. Then next hand, KK!!! I knew how to handle this one. ;) After raising the pot twice in a row, how could I possibly have a good enough hand a 3rd time to raise the pot with. So I put in a big raise! And sure enough, they didn't believe me. I flopped trip K's and ended up crippling them both and sat with more than 10K in chips. Went to heads up with a tricky player. We went back and forth a bit and I was having a difficult time figuring him out. So I told him so. A couple hands later I hit a couple hands in a row giving me trips and took it down. Ooh what a rush! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home