Thursday, October 27, 2005


The arrival...
Vegas Day 1 Thursday October 20th, 2005
My alarm went off at 4am.
I couldn't sleep much that night, so I had no trouble getting up. My wife drove me to the airport. She's a good woman. ;)
The flight down was a stressfull rush. I had no more than 45mins between planes in both Winnipeg and Denver. Almost missed my plan in Winnipeg. Listened to my iPod mostly, read GQ, didn't get to eat much.
Arrived in Denver and met up with Kris. We caught up a bit and boarded our flight to Vegas.
We waited for Colin at McCaron Airport in Vegas. He was in about 40mins after us. We got our bags and caught the shuttle to Aladdin. First off. Wow! The desert is cool! Kinda looks like the surface of mars.

We got to the hotel and checked out the gift shop. This is when we realized we could drink openly on the strip! So Colin picked up 3 coronas and a magazine and the we headed up to our room. Time to relax! We kicked it for a few minutes, then decided to head out for some food. We found a cool Indian buffet and filled up. Then we picked up some more beer and made our way back to the room. By this time it was almost dark, so we chilled and had some beers until Blake arrived. Then we chilled a bit more. ;) Enough chillin! It was time to visit one of Vegas' finer establishments.
So we go outside and get hooked up with a cab driver who wants to take us to the best strip club in Vegas. Ok, I knew better, but, we were in love with the idea of no hassle. I know that the cab drivers get kickbacks from certain clubs to make sure they take their rides there. So we end up at Scores. After dropping a combined $120 just to get in the door, we're seated. I noticed the stage, but no more than 2 minutes in, the ladies started lining up at our table. "Would you like a dance??", "Excuse me, how are you tonight? Would you like a dance?".... Arrrggghh! I have nothing against lap dances from beautiful women, but please! We just got off our flight and we just want to kick back with a couple beers and look around first. But, that's not how it was gonna go. So after 2 $50 rounds, we left, pretty annoyed. So we went to check out Bellagio. Wow! Pretty nice place. We just walked around for a bit taking things in. Watch the fountain at Bellagio for a bit. Then we went to our room and crashed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home